Home Page > About the Florida Public Service Commission > Mission Statement and Goals
Mission Statement and Goals
Commission Mission Statement
To facilitate the efficient provision of safe and reliable utility services at fair prices.
The Commission fulfills this mission by pursuing a number of goals, as follows:
GOALS FOR ECONOMIC REGULATION
- To the extent possible, streamline regulatory requirements to provide an open, accessible
and efficient regulatory process that is fair and unbiased.
- Provide a regulatory process that results in fair and reasonable rates while offering rate base regulated utilities an opportunity to earn a fair return on their investments.
- Encourage efficiency and innovation among regulated utilities.
- Encourage and facilitate responsible use of resources and technology in the provision and
consumption of utility services.
GOALS FOR REGULATORY OVERSIGHT
- Identify and address regulatory barriers that impede the development of competitive telecommunications markets, as directed by law.
- Provide appropriate regulatory oversight to protect consumers.
- Ensure that all entities providing utility services to consumers comply with all appropriate
requirements subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction.
GOALS FOR SERVICE REGULATION AND CONSUMER ASSISTANCE
- Facilitate the provision of safe utility services at levels of quality and reliability that comply with established industry standards and practices.
- Inform utility consumers regarding utility matters.
- Expedite resolution of disputes between consumers and utilities.